For an overview about all witches & wizards in Touch of Magic check out the Witches & wizards-category
|“||Human interraction is our oxygen. But royal interaction is the blood in our veins.||”|
— Payton to Elisabeth
Witches and wizards are a species in Touch of Magic. They are supernatural creatures but unlike vampires the magic manifests in the person itself, and is passed down, resulting in the fact that witches and wizards can only be born as such.
Most witches and wizards in Touch of Magic are royals whereas they only represent a small percentage of the magical population. In the magical dimension lives the majority of the magical community of witches and wizards.
The witches consider the magical dimension (Magicae) as their homeland and native culture. Despite of this their pressence in the human world is rich. The earliest royals were hunted down by the enemies their ancestors created. This caused them to flea all over Europe. Later they spread out all over the world, increasing in numbers to form a steady 20% population compared to the rest of the world.
They declined in numbers to 1.2% with the arrival of the Witch Trials and the increasing numbers of Vampires. A portion of the royals returned to their homeland in an effort to escape the tragedy. The original portal was then destroyed, and anchored portals surrounding the settlements of the bloodlines formed a connection between the two worlds. The royals that came back through portals were considered heroes and the Magical dimension adapted a monarchy-system. This caused witches living in the human world to be seen as superior to those living in Magicae, thus creating the system that all witches from the human world become royals over the rest of the population.
The first magic was created through Imaya, the Mother of all witches and wizards who was burn on a lunar eclipse, creating the first connection between humans and nature. Her 7 daughters all gained magical abilities, and are referred to as the Ancient Witches.
Imaya's spriit was channelled to create the Magical Dimension, a beacon of magic in a parallell Universe, that is accessed through portals. The Ancient witches are also responsible for the creation of the First Coven, the first vampires on earth who were cursed because they stole cattle and endangered the survival of the witches and their newer generations. When the vampires discovered human blood and the plan of the witches failed, they relocated to the Magical Dimension.
A while later, trouble began to rise within the sisters when Doreaha and Ayla wanted to return to the human world, and Ayla had created the plan to take her infant niece and sacrifice her to the vampires in exchange for their lives to be spared. Pretending to agree with the plan, Doreaha agreed to take the child, and she sent Ayla through the portal back to the human world. When Ayla didn't return, Doreaha informed her other sister that she had died, and that they were now safe from the dark spirit that their youngest sister harboured.
The Ancient Witches then settled into the new magical world they had created, and had children themselves who took over when they were old enough. The Ancient Witches dissappeared from the map some time after that, believed to have died. Their magic lives on inside their children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc.
After several generations, the different descendants of the Ancient witches started to group in various corners of the land they had created. Seven generations after the Ancient Witches, the witches met up to make these territories official. There the idea rose that they should test out the portal to see if they could ever return to the world that their ancestors talked about.
A dozen young adults from each of the bloodlines set out to pass through the portal. Arriving on the other sides of it, they concluded the portal worked as a safe passageway through the two worlds. However in the days afterwards many of the travelling generation weakened and eventually died. Only a handful of witches survived, weakened too much to attempt to travel back to safety through the portal. Stranded in the human world, the select group deamed the portal too dangerous to be used again, and considered themselves spared.
The survivors became known as true Royals, getting monuments in their hometown and their legacies being told in nurseries across the magical dimension. Yet they were also missed, and many families were left with no heirs or descendants. This was the beginning of the division between the upper and lower class in the magical dimension.
Unable to return to the magical dimension and the rest of their species, the royals were forced to demesticate the human world. They increased their numbers, breeding with humans which proved to not carry negative affects for their offspring.
Five generations later, the island of Andros became too small to populate all the royals, so the royals spread out, travelling nomadic until they settled all around Mediterainean Europe. The Greek Island of Andros was used frequently as a meeting point.
With this expansion came the realisation that their ancestors had made enemies before their departure, and when vampires started to notice the pressence of the witches, they started being hunted. Eventually the vampires discovered the sacrism of the island Andros and they invaded. The royal families fled, and spread out across Europe even more in the land that had been known by mankind at that point.
When mankind started to explore the globe, witches took the chance to get away from the vampires, who started to pose a large threat. Once atlantic travel was regulated, most of the witches chose the option to relocate to a land unknown to the vampires.
The Ambroise Bloodline travelled overseas but were unfortunate to face disaster in their first crossing. This discouraged the bloodline to attempt another crossing, and they decided to settle in Western Europe, focussed in clusters around France and Spain, Scandinavia and braches in Eastern-Europe.
The Hainasoni Bloodline travelled through the north of the new continent, settling in Canada and Alaska.
The Arlen Bloodline settled around the Great Lakes, in the north-eastern quadrant of the land. They also had a strong pressence in the original colonies along the Atlantic ocean.
The Greene Bloodline originally settled in the centre of the new land, centering around current Colorado. Later on they migrated towards the coastlines, part of the bloodline moving towards The southern Pacific ocean, while others moved to the Gulf of Mexico. Through reconnection between the bloodlines, their pressence can be found all over Mexico.
The Curtis Bloodline mainly travelled south across the ocean, where they ended up in the north of Latin-America. A second wave of descendants from the bloodline however never made it there, leaving the bloodline fractured. Attempts were made to travel to Asia on sea-routes, leaving pressences in South-Africa and even Australia.
No witches are known to have ever arrived in Asia, the Middle East or Central Africa.
Return to Magicae Edit
Those who did not flea remained around the mediterainean and tried to regain control of the portal. For hundreds of years they were unsuccessfull in doing so, until their numbers grew big enough. At some point in the 12th century he magical community gathered efforts to return to their homeland. With the risk of the vampires reclaiming the land and discovering the original portal, they destroyed it.
Around the start of the Early Modern period (1480) the witch trails started in Europe. When the witch trails started in Salem, Massachusetts in 1692 it caused a lot of fuzz in the magical community. A lot of humans were unrightfully convicted and many witches wanted to expose the secret to stop the witch trails by explaining they were good people with healing abilities, etc. The magical community therefor held a meeting. They decided not to reveal themselves to the world, but some disagreed with it. As a result , some réal witches were killed in the witch trails as those who did expose themselves were executed by their local witchhunters.
From the 20% of world population in Ancient Greek, after the medievals less than 1.2% of the world population were witches and wizards.
Fighting for Survival Edit
The magical population was now spread out globally but their numbers were going down. Following the witch-trails and several natural phenomenons that the witches couldn't foresee, many families were in fear of extinction.
The Ambroise Bloodline in Europe and the Hainasoni Bloodline in Northern America recovered from the losses, whereas the Curtis, Silverstone and Greene Bloodlines suffered severe blows in numbers.
A feud between the Hainasoni and the Arlen Bloodlines caused the latter to be massively killed by allied vampires. Out of the 4 remaining Hainasoni bloodlines, three supported the massacre and they turned on the fourth one.
New Era Edit
In the middle of the 20th century a new harmony came into existence within the magical community, with better communication methods both in the human world and the magical community.
Royals are the strongest type of Witches and Wizards, and leaders of the kingdoms in the magical dimension. They are the only type of witches and wizards capable of living in the human dimension, where they balance their magical duties with human lives.
Royals gather in the human dimension to open portals, something that requires great magical strength. Royal families are stronger when they live close to their portal because they can pull magical energy from it. In the Magical Dimension they don't gather as frequently, except when a royal dies. In that case, the royal families might send a representative to the spiritual ceremony (as was done with Lucy Greene, queen of Divitia.
Royals have a strong connection to eachother and their magic grows significantly stronger when they are close. Royals can pull from eachother's magical energy if needed. Royals often experience what is described as 'entangled souls', where they share strong connections with other royals. Mostly this connection remains amicable, but sometimes it develops into romance such as was the case with Lillian Silverstone and Christopher Greene.
If a witch and a wizard procreate, a twiceblessed witch or wizard is born, as was the case with Payton and Claire, as well as Sophia Greene. The twiceblessed offspring shares equal rights to the throne of their parents respective kingdoms, but they don't necessarely need to rule simultaneously. In the case of the Silverstone-Greene children, their aunt Lucy ruled over Divitia for another 15 years after her brothers dead, only then passing the throne to her nieces briefly, who were already on the throne of Divitia.
Royals follow the birth order in the line of succesion by default, but sometimes the bloodline will decide to choose a Primary, an important member of the bloodline who can cut in line for the throne in certain events. An ancient proficy in the magical dimension states that all seven bloodlines would be united under the rule of the 'Chosen Ones', a group of witches that would use their status as Primary to bring prosperous times to the magical world.
Known Primaries include;
- Pierre, whose attempts to reconnect the bloodlines ans his unique powers gave him the right to the throne of Solos.
- Phoebe, whose powers manifested through a loophole making her the only living witch in her bloodlines to have active powers, thus granting her the position as queen of Amertas.
- Claire, who gained the right to rule in Slivatica along with her sister Payton, before giving the throne to their rightful older brother Liam.
According to the proficy of the Chosen Ones, the following witches would be able to unite the magical world:
- Firstborn of the Ambroise bloodline; Sebastien Ambroise
- Secondborn of the Hainasoni Bloodline; Laura Thornton
- Despite being her half-brother, Laura is born as the second heir to her father.
- Thirdborn of the Silverstone Bloodline; Riley Silverstone
- After Payton and Claire Silverstone, Riley is the third witch in her generation to descent from the Silverstone Bloodline.
- Fourthborn of the Arlen Bloodline; Calliope Winchell
- Her second cousin Ruby Lennox, her cousins Meredith Winchell and Ty Winchell all proceed Calliope in the line of succesion within the Arlen Bloodline.
- Fifthborn of the Greene Bloodline; Payton Silverstone
- After Ben, Sam and Levi Greene and her older brother Liam, Payton is the fifth witch of her generation of witches and wizards to be born.
- Sixthborn of the Curtis Bloodline; Phoebe Curtis
- Phoebe is the sixth and youngest child of the Curtis Bloodline, after the hidden existence of her older siblings Hayden and Eloise, as well as her living siblings Connor, Ariël and Chloë.
|“||Our powers are not just DNA. They don't come from talent. They come from love. And in the absence of that, they come from pain.||”|
— Payton describing magical powers
Witches or wizards can only have active powers when the bloodline is activated. A witch line will activate when the lives of the witches are in danger (f.e. by presence of vampires , the natural enemies of witches). From the moment a bloodline is activated , it can never be de-activated. Every single descendant will be an active witch/wizard.
There is one loophole : You can lose active powers (temporarly) due to a descission made by the elders. In this case witches/wizards are still considered witches/wizards because they are able to practice the basic powers but in a limited form , and they can cast some spells(for their own protection). More advanced powers however will be disabled. The subject will have to go to the Elders to execute this.
Known cases of people losing their powers :
- Christopher Greene lost his powers before Claire was born because he interfered and objected in the descision made by the elders to have Payton put in magicschool and under their care. Because of this , Christopher's next daughter , Claire , doesn't enherit any of her father's active powers. He is given back his powers when his family is under attack. However , he begs the elders to give his powers to Claire instead , as he was trapped anyway. Claire end up getting his powers and was able to be protected from the attack , and thus survived. Claire herself was unaware of this untill she was told about it by her sister , Payton.
- Payton and Claire Silverstone lost their powers for a few months in late 2009-early 2010 from the moment they allowed the Dawson's money to help them buy their house to the point of Payton's pregnancy reveal. They were only returned because Payton threatened the elders and because they placed the welbeing of the unborn child over the actions her parents had done.
- The entire The Curtis Family lost their active powers because Linda Curtis was to blame for the death of her two oldest children. Phoebe Curtis, born afterwards, was given active powers to renew the bloodline's history of troubled parenting and domestic abuse.
- Bryan Thronton and Peter Thornton had their active powers taken away because they endangered the continuation of the bloodline by risking the lives of their children. Their powers were only removed after they refused to fight against The Anconi with the other witches and wizards.
An overview of all powers that exist in Touch of Magic :
- Pyrokinesis (All active witches - Specialty of the Hainasoni witches)
- Aerokinesis/Anemokinesis (All active witches - Specialty of the Arlen witches)
- Aquakinesis/Hydrokinesis (All active witches - Specialty of the Arlen witches)
- Agrokinesis/Anthokinesis (All active witches - Specialty of the Greene wizards)
- Photokinesis (All active witches - Specialty of the Ambroise witches)
- Terrakinesis (All active witches)
- Atmoskinesis (All Silverstone-Dawson witches and wizards)
- Brontokinesis/Fulminokinesis (Amanda and Alexis)
- Solarkinesis (Alena, Andrew and Amore)
- Heliokinesis (Amanda)
- Lunarkinesis (Alexis)
- Empathy (Payton)
- Mindreading (Claire)
- Tactile Hynosis (Pierre)
- Cogitokinesis (Amore)
- Hallucikinesis (Charlotte)
- Mnemokinesis (Sebastien)
- Gerontokinesis (Cassidy,Kendall)
- Haemokinesis (Laura, Lydia, Louis)
- Telekinesis (Payton, Claire)
- Amokinesis (Phoebe)
- Electrokinesis (Amanda and Alexis)
- Necrokinesis (AJ)
- Ferrokinesis (Oliver, Lucas)
- Nucleokinesis/Nitrokinesis (June)
- Thiriokinesis (Camille)
- Retrokinesis - no humans (Hailee)
- Symphokinesis (Connor)
- Healing (Payton)
- Flyrokinesis (Claire)
- Oneirokinesis (Liam)
- Omnikinesis (Sophia, Payton and Claire (together) , Camille and Lucas (together))
- Quintekinesis (the Witches of the Ambroise (in the form of Vitakinesis) and Garfunkle bloodline(in the form of Thanatokinesis))
|“||Do your wondertwin power thingy...||”|
— Liam referring to Twiceblessing at his sisters
The occurance of Twiceblessing if the birth of a child from both a wizard and a witch. This event happened twice in the 20th century, yet becomes more frequent once the Bloodlines of witchcraft get more intertwined. Payton is the original Twiceblessed, furfilling the prophecy in 1991. Claire is second, Sophia is the third case of this.
Twiceblessed witches or wizards are incredibly strong. They are first and foremost Royalty in both kingdoms, above any other family member, yet they can assign Regents. They posses the ability to survive in both dimensions without any effort. Their powers often include rare powers, and are magnified intensely. When two or more twiceblessed beings connect, they are said to be able to control everything and everyone (Omnikinesis).
- This was portrayed by Claire and Payton in the battle against the Anconi. Despite power-blocking wristbands and with the help of Alyssa, they selectively killed all Anconi vampires without moving an inch.
| Specialty | Divinity, immortality, life, sun | Fire and blood | Wealth, leadership and moon | Water and air | Earth and woods | Compassion, love and emotion | Ferocity, Fierceness and death
Bloodlines and HousesEdit
The Ancient bloodlines are the bloodlines of the 7 Ancient Witches. They are always dominant to other (human) bloodlines, and as a tradition the witches usually keep their ‘magical’ last name. Most bloodlines are also Matrilines.
The 7 Bloodlines are further split up into sub-bloodlines, that are called Houses. Every bloodline has at least one or a few beside the main house (the house of the royal family and the house that has the name of the bloodline). The main house is dominant over the other houses in the bloodline, despite the fact that they have less of a pressence in the magical dimension.
Most members of a main house are royals residing in the normal world. Lesser houses do not carry enough magic to have a pressence in the normal world.
Some Houses could take over as Regents in the Magical community with the consent of the Royal Family, such as was the case with the Curtis family when their powers were taken away.
Known Witches & WizardsEdit
Categorized by sub-story
Touch of MagicEdit
- Payton Silverstone (also Greene Bloodline)
- Claire Silverstone (also Greene Bloodline)
- Liam Greene (Season Two onwards)
- Pierre Ambroise (introduced in S1, revealed in S6)
- Sebastien Ambroise (introduced in TOM S1)
- Linda Curtis (unactive) (introcude in TOM S4)
- Chloë Curtis (unactive) (introduced in TOM S5)
- Louis Ignatius (Season One onwards)
- Laura Thornton (Season One onwards)
- Lydia Thornton (Season One onwards)
- Nick Thornton (Season One onwards)
- Cassidy Thornton (Season One & Season Two)
- Naomi Thornton (Season One onwards)
- Kendall Thornton (Season One onwards)
- Ariël Curtis (unactive) (Season Two onwards)
- Connor Curtis (unactive) (Season Two onwards
- Charlie Ambroise (Season Two onwards)
- Calliope Winchell (introduced in TOM S6, Season Two onwards)
- Ruby Lennox (Introduced in TOM S3, revealed in Season Two)
- Phoebe Curtis (introduced in TOM S4, Season One onwards)
- Riley Davis (introduced in TOM S6, Season One onwards)
- Alena Dawson (introduced in TOM S3, aged up)
- Andrew Dawson (introduced in TOM S4, aged up)
- Alexis Dawson (introduced in TOM S5, aged up)
- Amanda Dawson (introduced in TOM S5, aged up)
- Amore Dawson (Introduced in TOM S6, aged up)
- Sophia Greene (Introduced in TOM S6, aged up)
- Camille Ambroise (Introduced in Season Two)
- Lucas Ambroise (Introduced in Season Two)
- The oldest living member is considered the leader of the bloodline in corelation with holding the royal title in their respective kingdom. There are 2 exceptions to that :
- Phoebe Curtis lead her bloodline, despite being the youngest child of 6 in her family. She becomes Queen and later agrees with Liam to hand over the rights to Sophia Greene, her niece. Phoebe trains her niece in all things magic, and later hands over the leadership to focus on her family.
- Laura Thornton lead her bloodline from 2016 onwards, after she and her siblings and cousins had made a coup d'etat on their parents. She has trapped her father, the oldest living member of her bloodline, in Sanguis. She passes the rights over to Kendall Hagano as a marriage present for her and her Solos-native husband Tobias. Laura remains active leader of the Hainasoni Bloodline in the human world.
- Witches have a mortality code, stating all witches must remain mortal to keep the balance of nature. However this rule was broken several times
- Witch magic can be transfered to objects partially or entirely.
- Witches are taught from a very young age to hide their powers, and to some extinct it is based in their DNA as seen by Payton and Claire as kids, and Phoebe untill she reached adolescence. They're generally also good at deceit towards the human world, and they sometimes have entire false identities.
- If humans who are not supposed to know find out, the witches have a contingency to create a memory-potion but the ingredients have grown rare because of the overuse in the 80's/90's. Some humans are trusted by the witches to know their secret, such as Mila, Mike, Justin,... They all have some sort of affiliation with a known witch/wizard/vampire
- Laura, Bash, Payton, Calliope, Liam and Phoebe are referred to with codename 'Alpha' by hunters. The groupname 'The Alphas' points to the most prominent members of witchcraft royalty as a target.