|Also Known as||Dawson family |
|Founder||James Dawson and Elisabeth Dawson|
|Status||Alive , Deceased (Lauren and Nate)|
|Enemies||The Anconi , The Millers|
The Dawsons is one of the more notable groups on the American continent, and their long history has granted them large territorial benefits. They are respected amongst the vampire community based on this, but most vampires have little understanding for their lifestyle.
Their strongest allies are individual friends from the western half of the continent, while their main enemies are The Eurekas and The Millers due to territorial disputes. Later on The Silverstone Family and The Millers 2.0 become strong allies.
After being turned, James travelled through Europe for several years, living in various corners of the continent. In the beginning of the 18th century he found himself having failed at his diet and feeding on humans all through France. He met Elisabeth in Lyon, France, and turned her into a vampire. With a new vampire by his side, he had an incentive to keep his diet to animal blood. They continued to travel through Europe for the several decades that followed, and they left the continent to move to the New World in the late 18th century (1786).
They joined a group of pioneers at the beginning of the 19th century, and travelled all the way to the West Coast. James and Elisabeth were a part of founding Waterfall Creek in 1809. They were on route to relocating when they met Jason in 1813/1816 and allowed him to join them. They travelled across the country a lot over the next few years. They were living in Canada from 1820 when James turned Seth in 1825.
They didn’t really settle again until they arrived in Denver in 1839, where they thought new vampires Alyson and Dylan, turned by Alyssa, to control their bloodlust. After seven years of training, in 1846 Alyson and Dylan moved back to their home country Scotland and they travelled around the United Kingdom. In London, 1847, Dylan lost control and turned Lauren and Nate. James and Elisabeth moved to London in 1847 to help with Lauren and Nate. Seth and Jason stayed behind, living in Montréal from 1847 for the next 13 years.
In 1860 the entire family moved to the edge of the Rocky Mountains where they lived in small villages until 1880. In the late 19th century Seth and Jason moved to Minneapolis with Alyssa, where they lived from 1882 until 1890. James, Elisabeth, Alyson and Dylan lived in Salt Lake City for 7 years from 1883 until 1890 after James had a diet struggle resulting in him turning Lynn, in secret. Lauren and Nate lived on their own for the first time as new vampires in Portland from 1883 until 1895.
Alyson and Dylan split up early on in 1903 to go and live in Paris, France for a while. Seth and Jason travelled the world with Alyssa from 1895. The three of them found themselves on the titanic in 1912 back to America when it sank. Back on American land, the endeavor caused for them to split up and Alyssa returned to her home, while Jason and Seth reunited with the Dawsons. Alyson and Dylan returned home when the continent went into war in 1914. They joined the Dawsons back in Waterfall Creek, where they lived with just James, Elisabeth, Seth and Jason until 1922.
Lauren and Nate lived on their own in Canada before and during the first world war, before they agreed to move with the rest of the family to Seattle in the 1920’s. They lived in two opposite different corners of the city, up until right before the second world war. Jason lived in his hometown Boston for a while, from 1933 until 1939.
When the second world war came, Jason and Nate both enlisted with help of some contacts. Elisabeth put her medical expertise to use during the war too. James was relocating a lot due to changing vampire politics that the war brought with them. Lauren lived with Alyson and Dylan in a small flat in London during the war, while working as a typist. Seth travelled through America at the time of the war, reinforcing their alliances.
James and Elisabeth chose Kansas City to live after the war. They got a big house for the entire family to live in, but after the war Alyson and Dylan moved to Sweden, and later travelled through Europe until 1960. Meanwhile Nate joined Lauren in London for a few years, before relocated to Oxford in 1948 until 1953, with Lauren briefly studying at Oxford Law. After the war, Jason and Seth helped out around Europe. Most significantly they lived in Florence from 1946 to 1951, Kopenhagen from 1951 to 1954 and The Netherlands from 1954 to 1958. Finally they met up with Alyssa in 1958, living with her in Brussels during the world exposition there.
Lauren and Nate joined Elisabeth and James in Kansas city in 1958. Alyson and Dylan surprise them on Christmas eve 1960 and move in early 1961. Jason and Seth also visited and stayed in Kansas for a while, before they continued their Europe travels by moving to Prague in 1961. After Prague, Jason and Seth went to Sweden on the recommendation of Alyson and Dylan, where they attended high school with Alyssa. In 1963 the rest of the family decided they had been in Kansas a long time and chose to relocate to a big house in Twin Falls, Idaho in 1963, where they lived for 10 years. There they met some of their strongest allies and friends.
After Twin Falls the family split up. James and Elisabeth lived in Helena, Montana from 1973 until 1978 before moving to Colombia, fighting on the side of the law against the Medellin Cartel of Pablo Escobar. Elisabeth and James lived in Columbia for 8 years in the 1980’s. Alyson and Dylan toured Europe in those 15 years. They lived back in Paris (1975-1978) , Amsterdam (1980-1982) and Venice (1985-1990), switching things up by picking up a degree here and there. Jason and Seth travelled through most of Canada and the Pacific North west on a road trip, ending in Vancouver in 1991, their longest stop being New Haven where Seth studied at Yale Law. Lauren and Nate lived in Portland from 1975 until 1978. In the 1980’s, Lauren and Nate lived in the Soviet Union, where they fought on the side of democracy in an underground rebellion.
After the collapse of the Soviet Union and the end of the Cold War, the family grouped back together in the Western United States. Alyson and Dylan ived in Fresno (1990-1993), before they relocated to Calgary, Alberta where they stayed for 4 years. Jason lived in San Francisco during his 200th birthday in 1989, while Seth studied History at Washington State University from 1990 until 1993. Lauren and Nate lived back in London at the time, despite objections that it had been too briefly since they last lived there. In 1994 the entire family moved away from the pacific ocean after the Silverstone Family was murdered.
Upon the dawn of the new Millenium, Elisabeth enrolled in med-school, while James worked as a post-officer in Billings, Montana. Seth and Jason were living in small flat in New York with Alyssa for a few months, including September 2001.
The Dawson's symbol is a lion. Is is presented throughout different aspects of the group's members. In the living room of The Dawson House is a lion painting. James and Jason both have bracelets with lions on them. Elisabeth has a pendant. 100 years after first meeting, James gifts Alyssa a lion necklace to symbolize she is a part of their family even if she can't be officially. Nate has an abstract lion tattoo.
James leads the group in political decessions , which he takes with his wife Elisabeth. Elisabeth leads the domestic plan. Jason is in charge of making sure everyone is able to fight , if needed. Seth is in charge of hunting-territory. Alyson and Dylan are in charge of public status and appearance (including school for Jason and Seth) , Lauren and Nate are responsible for defence of their property. With their death , Lynn becomes responsible for this , but this responsibility is not taken as severe as before the threat of the Millers , so it could be disgarded.
The Dawsons have lived all over the world, and own properties in several major cities and locations. Most of their properties they have sold, which is their main source of income due to inflation.
- The Seattle House: The Dawson's second most prominent residence, bought in 1963. The entire Dawson family lived there from X till X. Seth also lives there while he studies Law from 1994 till 1999. The Dawsons still own the house.
- The Chicago House: Bought by Alyson and Dylan in 1920. Alyson and Dylan lived there for 6 years. Later on the entire family lives there from X till X. The Dawsons still own the house.
- The Stockholm House: Bought by Jason and Seth in 1963 when they attended high school. Alyson and Dylan lived there from 1968 till 1970. Alyson and Dylan still own the apartment now.
- The Paris Apartment: Alyson and Dylan bought the apartment in Paris in 1982 and lived there until 1990. They still own the apartment to this date. Jason, Seth and Payton briefly stay there during spring break 2009. Alyson and Dylan live there from 2010 till 2016 and they still own the apartment now.
- The London Flat: Lauren and Nate bought a flat in London where they lived from X till X while Nate ran an underground club and Lauren worked as a typist. Lauren and Nate still own the flat now.
- The Amsterdam Apartment: Seth bought an apartment in Amsterdam where he, Lauren and Nate lived while attending high school in the 1952-1953 school year to do post-war research. Seth still owns the property.
- The Alabama House. Jason, Seth, Alyson and Dylan owned a property in Montgomery, Alabama in 1948 where they help tutor minority students. The house has been sold ever since.
- The Brisbane House: In 1978 Elisabeth and Seth bought a house in Brisbane, where Seth attended high school and Elisabeth did medical research for AIDS. The house has been sold ever since.
- The Switzerland Mansion: Bought by James in 1991. He and Seth lived there while protecting the last living relative of a friend of theirs. The Mansion has been sold ever since.
- James Dawson is the oldest vampire and the leader. He is married to Elisabeth Dawson. They co-rule together and act as guardians for Jason , Seth , Lauren and Nate for the rest of the world. James also had 2 vampire siblings ; Julie(tte) and Jean 'John' Dawson. The name of the vampire group comes from his surname , Dawson.
- Elisabeth Dawson is the second oldest vampire and is married to James , the leader. She co-rules with him and acts as guardian for Jason, Seth, Lauren and Nate along with him.
- Jason Dawson is the third oldest vampire. He is the first vampire in the group not to be turned by James. After the defeat of the Miller he takes over their throne and technically abandones his spot on The Dawsons, but he still remains an active member of the family.
- Seth Dawson is the fourth oldest vampire in the group. He was the second vampire to be turned by James.
- Dylan McKenzie is fifth in the group of vampires. He is married to Alyson McKenzie, also a vampire in the group. He has turned two other members , Lauren and Nate, and begged James to let them in the group. He is the second vampire not to be turned by James himself. He is also the only member who does not share the group's last name Dawson.
- Alyson McKenzie is the sixth vampire in the group. She is married to Dylan McKenzie and took his last name. Originally she also had the last name of Dawson, despite not being turned by James. Her sire and the 9th unofficial member, Alyssa Miller, was an enemy of hers for a long time, therefore Alyson in particular spend a lot of time apart from the Dawsons when Alyssa would visit.
- Lauren Dawson is the youngest member of the group, along with Nate. She got turned by Dylan and accepted into the group by James. They are pretty private and spend quiet some time in their log cabin down the woods. However she gets along great with mostly Elisabeth and Alyson as well as Seth and Jason's girlfriends Claire and Payton.
- Nate Dawson is the youngest vampire along with Lauren. He is very isolated and he is believed to suffer from a mild PTSD. He is usually very private and prefers being alone with Lauren. However he opens up to Payton and he starts getting more involved with the other members. Eventually he died to ensure to safety of Jason's child and the mother, Payton.
- Lynn Sullivan is the newest member , but not the youngest. She was an old friend of James who was formerly part of a group of independant vampires in de mid to southern part of the country. She travelled to catch up with her sire, and decided to stay and become a member of the family.
- Alyssa Miller is an unofficial member, but she might have spend equal amount of time with them as Alyson and Dylan have, just on opposing time-periods. She is best friends with Jason and Seth and gets along great with Elisabeth. She was formerly enemies with Dylan and mostly Alyson McKenzie, despite (and because of) being their sire. She now reconsiled with them. She is officially part of the Millers and acts as it's ruler when her mother's army gets destroyed. She maintains a close relationship with the Dawsons as allies.