The Hainasoni bloodline is the bloodline of descendants of the second oldest Ancient Witch , Doraeha. They have in general a bad reputation in the magical community, but the youngest generation changes this around after the death of May Miller.
Meaning and symbolismEdit
The name of the bloodlines thesedays is Hainasoni because of the place where the tribe originated; Haines ,Alaska.
This results in the fact that the Hainasoni bloodline is one of the two whose name is not related to the stone that is to be found in special objects, such as a necklace or a ring. The shorter version is simply Haines (after the town), and can mean Hawthorn (again a reference to the blood and fire).
Before , the name of the descendants of Doraeha had different spellings , but were all variations of Ignis (Ignis , Ignatius ,...) which is the latin word for fire , but the official name of the bloodline became Hainasoni when it was activated. Only few of the Hainasoni witches or wizards carry the name Ignis/Ignatius because of the transition in 1820. The symbol of the Hainasoni is commonly a thorne, flame or a dragon.
It is the fourth bloodline (chronological) to be activated during the civil war. Nevertheless , the civil war caused the extinction of most of the descendants. With the activation in 1820 , Joseph Hainasoni (formerly Joseph Ignatius) gained the power of Pyrokinesis. No additional powers have been gained. This gives the bloodline a bit of an 'underdog' reputation, one they fight off by being excellent firemasters, and the personal weapon of May Miller. She was drawn in by the use of blood.
The Hainasoni are known to use many natural spells ,because they dont réally have an active power. Many of these spells involve blood because it is known to create more powerfull spells. So the name 'Red Bloodline' comes from the use of both blood and fire.
The region called 'Sanguis' , meaning blood , is the part of the magical dimension that is designated to the Hainasoni.
The Hainasoni FamilyEdit
There is a certain fracture between both generations and their believes.
- Bryan Thornton (father of Naomi and Nick) - Send to Sanguis
- Peter Thornton (father of Laura , Lydia and Louis) - Send to Sanguis
- Jacob Ignatius (father of Hailee) - Stripped of powers
- Dawn Hagano (mother of Cassidy and Kendall) - Stripped of powers
- Melissa Hagano (aunt of Cassidy and Kendall) - Stripped of powers
- Tomad, Lord of house Blackfyre
- Eduard, Duke of house Blackfyre
- Margory, Duchess of house Blackfyre
- Milena, daughter of Eduard
- Normon, 1st son of Eduard
- Devonius, Lord of house Thorne
- Troya, Lady of house Thorne
- Santo, 1st son of Devonius
- Jaymon, 2nd son of Devonius
- Thelonius, Duke of house Thorne
- Lenna, Duchess of house Thorne
- Kenna, daughter of Thelonius
- Roderick, 1st born son of Thelonius
duchess of house Sellister
duke of house Sellister Finn, 1st born son of Normena