|Full birthname||Alyssa Katherine Miller|
|Also known as||None|
|Born||3rd of May 1813, The Alaska House|
|Died||1836 (stabbed in bloodceremony, turned) |
Miller Bloodline genocide (resurrected)
|Age||21 (physical appearance) |
203 (Season Six)
|Occupation||High School Student (2009-2010) |
Co-owner of Down the Rabbit Hole (2011-present)
Shareholder at Decade
Leader of The Millers 2.0
|Residence||Portland Lofts (S2) |
Alyssa's Apartment (S2/S3)
The Saphire House (S4 - S5)
Saphire-Miller house (S6)
|Abilities||Power duplication |
|Family & Relationships|
|Parents||May Miller (mother,deceased) |
Jared Carrington (father,deceased)
|Relatives||Jade Miller (sister) |
Jason Dawson (paternal uncle)
Grace Miller (maternal aunt, deceased)
Liam Miller (maternal cousin)
|Relationships||Matt O'Connell (former boyfriend, on/off sexual relationship) |
Thomas Chamberlaine (Fling)
Grayson Fitzgerald (former secret boyfriend)
Justin Saphire (current long-time boyfriend,one child together)
|Children||Unborn Child (deceased, miscarriage) |
|Hair Color||dark brown|
|Eye Color||light brown|
|Portrayed By||Crystal Reed|
|“||"My name is Alyssa Miller. I don't play by anyone's rules."||”|
— Alyssa Miller, Bad Sometimes
Alyssa Miller is one of the main characters in Touch of Magic. She is the daughter of May Miller and Jared Carrington. She is the older sister of Jade Miller and best friends with Jason and Seth Dawson.
On top of that she is the long-term girlfriend of Justin Saphire and the mother of their son, Damien . She co-owns Down the Rabbit Hole along with Claire Silverstone and has shares in the nightclub Decade owned by Jason.
She is a part of The Millers by birthright and founder of The Millers 2.0. She is also part of the Carrington family through her father and of the Saphire family by lineage through being Damien's mother, although the latter is not genetically correct.
1830's - Born in the Millers
Alyssa's mother May Miller used a fertility spell and originally chose Jason, but later decided on Jared to become Alyssa's father. This made a newborn Alyssa half-human and half-vampire, but her upbringing within the Millers took away any disadvantages she would face due to it. For the first year of her life she was raised by her mother in a Miller safehouse. Later, she was raised by nanny's and guards. Jared came to see her when Alyssa was aged 4, but Alyssa has no recollection of that event and her mother never told her who her father was.Once her mother decided Alyssa was old enough to be around other vampires, she had her daughter train under the supervision of Skye Moreno. Since she was still growing and half-human, some of Alyssa's training involved weaponary, which she grew a liking too. Once she was a teenager, she was introduced to the politics of her mother's world, and she got treated more and more as a princess as her powers, started to grow more and more. Eventually, at the age of 22 she was forced to feed on one of her human friends from the village near the compound she grew up. This first feeding on human blood gave her additional strength compared to the animal blood she had been given until then. At this point she also became immortal in her appearance. (see: Alyssa's Vampirism). Quickly after that she decided to leave The Miller Compound and she went travelling all over the world.
1850's - Meeting the Dawsons
On her travels, she met a group of vampires called The Dawsons. She joined them informally for a while and became friends with Jason upon learning he wasn't a part of the group by sireline (see Alyssa and Jason) and also became friends with Seth whose control over his vampirism shocked Alyssa.While learning German at Seth's tutoring, they became close friends. (See more : Alyssa and Seth).
Alyssa learns a lot from James and Elisabeth about vampire life without an army like the Millers. Alyssa also attempts to adapt back to her former diet of animal blood, but she isn't succesfull. Despite the fact that she feeds on humans, she is descreet about it and is allowed to travel with the Dawsons regardless.
1880's - Turning Alyson and Dylan
Whe the group finds a bunch of young adults in an accident, Alyssa is able to save the life of Dylan McKenzie and Alyson McKenzie. They are the only ones Alyssa was able to safe, and Alyson blames this on Alyssa. They have both attempted to resolve this dispute, but haven't been able to in the past 100+ years. (see Alyson and Alysssa) Her struggle with Alyson caused Alyssa to leave The Dawsons early on in Alyson and Dylan's transition into vampirism. When Jason asks her where she will go, Alyssa reveals she is part of The Millers. She doesn't mention the fact that is the heir and May's daughter because she doesn't want her new friends to look at her differently. Jason warns Alyssa of the dangers of the Millers, first hinting at Alyssa that he may have history there.
1900's - Meeting Matt O'Connell
During most of the 1900's she travelled with Matt O'Connell, another outcast within the Millers, who also used to have a close relationship to May. They bond over May casting them aside, after Alyssa found out her mother might consider using another fertility potion. They have a sexual relationship,but mainly just live a luxurious life. (See more : Alyssa and Matt)
1980 - What happened in Vegas
In the 1980's, Alyssa up with Jason again and he reveals he has done a PCR-test after learning she was born the year he left the Millers. (see more: Alyssa and Jason) Alyssa is confused as to what it means, as she never knew who her father was because May has kept this hidden. Jason tells her they are related, and he reveals to her that her father is Jared Carrington, Jason's brother. Jason then also tells her he used to have a relationship with her mother, May, untill shortly before she was born. However Alyssa tells him that it doesn't matter, and the two remain close friends.
Alyssa is far from your average vampire and that shows in her personality. In constant conflict between her vampirism and her humanity, Alyssa goes back and forth a lot. Upon meeting her, Alyssa comes across as strong, determined but emotionally distant. She only showed real emotion around Jason and Seth, and puts distance in between herself and anyone else. Upon meeting Justin, Alyssa's personality shifts as her humanity finally seems to come out on top in a battle that has been raging inside her for the better part of the decade.
In an attempt to hide the feelings, Alyssa erases Justin's memories and focusses on Liam and Payton in Portland the next season. However her feelings follow her, to the point where she gets tricked into loosing her humanity. During this period she is cold and very malicious, even to her close friends. When she gets cured, Alyssa is consumed with guilt, but she gets convinced that humanity is worth it. After taking some time to gather herself, Alyssa decides to attend school in an effort to deal with humanity. This is where her feelings for Justin return, and after a while she decides to no longer fight them. She opens up to him, and the two of them eventually start a relationship.
Justin's love is the key to unlocking Alyssa's empathy, and shortly after she reconnects with Payton and Claire, and continues to make new friends. She actively fights temptation by Thomas to return to her old life, and she is able to deal with the death of Justin's parents in a very natural way. Over the next few years Alyssa's personality flourishes more, and she becomes caring, supportive and intuitive. Her fierce character still shows up, in a good way, when she fights for the lives of those she loves. In battle she expands skills in weapons, to avoid having to tap into a dark part of her.
In Season Six, Alyssa is forced to do this after all, when she dies and gets resurrected with human blood. Alyssa struggles with detox, as the simplicity of giving in to the darkness tempts her. However with the help of the people she loves she fights the darkness. She even embraces it in a way, and learns to use it as a good thing by being the leader of The Millers. Alyssa's strength is one of the qualitites that have her thrive as the Millers' leader, even if it means having to make hard decisions.
Her style is originally very much combat-ready. She wears a lot of dark colors before attending SJBS, which is when her wardrobe adapts. She goes from military colors to wearing dresses. As a student in SJBS she tones down her make-up a bit, to appear 17 again.
To see Alyssa's outfits throughout the season, see Alyssa Miller/Appearance
Like some other vampires , Alyssa also has supernatural powers , but unlike those other vampires she was born with it. As a consequence to her being conveived by a magic potion, she showed signs of magic from when she was still unborn. Her mother, May Miller , showed to have a wider range in the Miller-amnesia power she had granted herself with. This is believed to be Alyssa's cause.
However , Alyssa discovers on her own that her powers are bigger than the Miller-amnesia.
- Power duplication : Alyssa can duplicate someone else's powers when she has a close relationship to them. Fysical contact helps , but is not mandetory. Whenever Alyssa uses memory controll , she uses both her duplication-power to enhance her natural power of memory-controll. She has also used it with Payton's healing , Claire's mindreading and Jason's former pyrokinesis.
- Memory-controll : Like all Miller females , Alyssa can controll memories. She can manipulate them in a way that the person won't remember their presence in the memory , or simply erase them and creating a blank in the person's memory. She is known to have done this to Justin multiple times.
Alyssa went back and forth between her mom's group and the Dawsons , but she prefered the Dawsons more despite of the trouble. Dylan originally is upset aswell that Alyssa didn't save his little brother Geoffrey. Later he changes two people himself : Lauren and Nate. This causes Dylan to show sympathy to Alyssa's decesion. This brings Alyssa's sire line to a total of 4 vampires, excluding her own children. Alyssa has been through detox a total of 9 times.
1813-1834 : Dhampire
1834-1856 : Type B (new vampire - 22 years)
1856-1862 : Type A (1st detox- lasted 6 years)
- Alyssa considered feeding on animals after meeting Jason and Seth
1862-1863 : Type B (10 months - June to March)
1863-1871 : Type A (2nd detox - lasted almost 8 years)
1871-1871 : Type B (3 months - Febr to April)
1871-1880 : Type A (3nd detox - lasted almost 9 years)
1880-1884 : Type B (4 years months - August - October)
1884-1886 : Type A (4th detox - lasted 2 years)
1886-1888 : Type B (23 months - April to March)
1888-1916 : Type A (5th detox - lasted 28 years)
- Alyssa left the Dawsons after the fight with Alyson, and has remained Type-A vampire to prove Alyson was wrong in calling her a monster.
1916-1916 : Type B (5 months - July to December)
1916-1942 : Type A (6th detox - lasted 26 years)
1942-1955 : Type B (13 years - February to June)
1955-2009 : Type A (7th detox - lasted 54 years)
- Alyssa looked for her biological father, Jared Carrington from the 1980's. Despite working with Matt on this, she maintains her diet because she knows human blood will distract her from her search. This was the longest time she has ever been on human blood without missteps.
2009-2009 : Type B (July 2009)
- Matt takes away Alyssa's humanity
2009-2016 : Type A (9th detox - 7 years)
2016-2016 : Type B (June 2016)
- Refuses to detox after being resurrected by human blood
2016-........ : Type A (10 detox -
- Alyssa rather detoxes instead of continuing feeding on Justin
Education and CareerEdit
Alyssa and Matt met at the Millers. They both had an important position there, causing them to meet frequently. At some point they turned their friendship into a sexual relationship. They have had an on-off relationship untill he used a magic spell to erase her humanity and she turned on him. Later on, they battle for the second Miller Throne. In the battle, Alyssa gets the upperhand but can not bring herself to killing Matt, instead chosing to offer him mercy instead as a bigger punishment. (see more : Alyssa and Matt)
Alyssa and Thomas met at the Millers. Thomas gathered information for Alyssa, mainly when she was not a part of the Millers at the time. At some point they turned their friendship into a sexual relationship, which was rivaled by her relationship with Matt. Ultimately Alyssa finds out he was also reporting her actions back to her mother, and he was a part of May's plan to destroy Alyssa's family, and so she told him she didn't want anything to do with him. (see more :Alyssa and Thomas)
Alyssa and Grayson had a brief romance, which became serious very quickly as Grayson had the intention of proposing to her. Later on, they maintain a working relationship and business partners and eventually also friends. (see more: Alyssa and Grayson)
Alyssa and Justin met at the Dawson house in 2008. Alyssa was originally sceptical about a human, and she tries to ignore him as much as she can. She ultimatly starts caring for him, and erases his memory of her several times for his own protection. Eventually Alyssa give up resisting and they get together during senior year. Alyssa is there for Justin when he goes through some hard times, and they end up settling in a little house to get the happy ending they both deserve. (see more : Alyssa and Justin)
Alyssa and May have had a troubled relationship from the start. When May got her hands on a fertility potion, she originally planned for Jason to be the father, but ultimatly she chose Jared. A few years later, May started to ignore Alyssa's needs as a child, treating her daughter like one of the other vampires in her army. A few years into adulthood, May forced Alyssa to become a full vampire because she didn't like the weaknesses Alyssa had while being a dhampire. Ultimatly, May drove Alyssa away when Alyssa left the Millers. She returned occasionally, but Alyssa no longer had a normal relationship with her mother. Alyssa once even comitted an attack on May and her powerfull vampire friends to prove the point that Alyssa no longer cared for her mother. Alyssa did not cry over the death of her mother, stating her mother died when she abandoned her at age 6. Alyssa takes over May's job as leader of The Millers, but destroys any pressence of her mother there. (see more : Alyssa and May)
Alyssa and Jared had only one normal father-daughter moment, when Jared came to visit Alyssa at the age of four. Other than that, Jared has found joy in ruining Alyssa's life on several occasions by either almost exposing her to the normal world, or by hurting someone she cares about, like kidnapping and torturing Claire or killing Justin's parents. Alyssa did not grieve over Jared's death, stating the only father figure she ever knew was James, not Jared. (see more : Alyssa and Jared)
Alyssa and Jade are close sisters even though they've only spend a few hours together in their entire life. Alyssa is Jade's liason in the Anconi, and provides her with usefull information. They share a common hate for both of their parents, May and Jared. (see more : Alyssa and Jade)
Alyssa and Liam are cousins, who lived together for a while in Portland. Alyssa has always tried to protect him from doing stupid things, but she hasn't always been successfull. The two had a good friendship. Alyssa still kept an eye on Liam as he was banished from Waterfall Creek by his sisters, and she has supported him when he became a human. Alyssa also frequently visits him when he's a new father. (see more : Alyssa and Liam)
Alyssa and Jason are technically uncle and niece, but they are more so best friends. (see more : Alyssa and Jason)
Alyssa and Jason are best friends and former classmates at SJBS. (see more : Alyssa and Seth)
Alyssa and Claire are close friends and collegues (see more : Alyssa and Claire)
Alyssa and Payton are close friends and family. Alyssa is the godmother of Payton's oldest daughter, Alena. (see more :Alyssa and Payton)
Alyssa has a good relationship with the Dawsons, aside from a troubled relationship with Alyson and Dylan.
- Angel With a Shotgun
- That girl is a problem
- Bad Sometimes
- Alyssa is the most powerfull vampire in terms of political power. She is second most powerfull in terms of physical power. This puts her amongst one of the more powerfull characters in the story overall.
- Alyssa is (according to Jade) the most skillfull vampire in weapons she has ever encountered. She learned to shoot with a crossbow at the age of 6, moving on to bow and arrow at 10. She has excellent precision at knife-throwing and she can shoot like the best trained snipers. She always carries a small gun on her, and usually has a 22. somewhere near her.
- Alyssa's connections to the Millers weren't revealed until early in the 20th century. Upon joining the Millers she originally told them she was a member of The Trebles. Eventually she confessed and told them that she was a part of The Millers where she has privileges because May Miller turned her herself. When Jason finds out May is Alyssa's mother, he starts to wonder who Alyssa's father is knowing of May's desire to have a baby. Eventually he finds out his brother is Alyssa's father in Vegas, something Alyssa also asks him to hide from everyone else. Eventually she reveals Jared is her father when Claire is kidnapped by him. Elisabeth and James conclude that Jared must be the reason why Alyssa has so much liberty. Alyssa then corrects them by stating that is due to her mother, revealing she is May Miller's daughter in early Season Two.
- Alyssa has a connection to all 4 of her mother's boyfriends:
- She has biological connections to Jared as her father and Jason as her uncle.
- She hooked up with Thomas several times and had an on-off sexual-based relationship with Matt
- Alyssa has had the most romantic linked partners
- Justin is her current long-time boyfriend and the father of her children.
- Thomas was one of her more notable hook-ups
- Matt was her partner in crime and they had an on-off sexual relationship. She considers him family.
- She dated Grayson Fitzgerald for a few months
- She dated one of the jocks in Season Three for a brief time.
- Alyssa has died 2 times.
- The first time was to complete her transition to being a vampire
- The second time she died due to the Miller linking genocide, but she came back to life with the ring.
- In the second time she miscarried a pregnancy of 10 weeks.
- Alyssa has shares in two major businesses (Decade and Down the Rabbit Hole) and also leads The Millers 2.0 showing her business and leadership talent.
- Alyssa once gave Mike 70.000 dollars after Justin mentioned to her that his father's business was in trouble. In return, Mike always gets Alyssa her favorite drink whenever she is in the club, and she never has to order it.